DIY Kit w Online Class: Make a ceramic mug
Make a Ceramic Cup with a DIY Pottery Kit!
With a DIY craft box delivered to you, make the most of the lockdown and try indoor activities where you learn something new and have fun playing with clay!
How it works
From the comfort of your home, share an artisan experience with your friends, family or colleagues, or just enjoy with some like-minded others.
- Book or Request your preferred time
- We'll deliver a Jumping Creek Clay Box to you - this is a physical DIY craft box containing the materials you'll need. Shipping is free, and it should arrive within 2 to 4 business days for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra; 4 to 9 days elsewhere. We ship nationwide.
- Enjoy the online class. You'll receive a link to a Zoom meeting. On the day of the class, use that link to join the class. Class sizes are kept small, so you can easily ask questions and get immediate responses. Zoom is free and easy to use, on any device - smartphone, tablet or laptop. You're in control of your privacy - you can mute yourself and hide your webcam if and when you prefer.
What you'll do
The live streaming workshop provides a great platform for anyone to get creative and explore the endless possibilities using clay, resulting in a gorgeous hand made coffee/tea/hot chocolate mug.
With the assistance of our experienced teacher, you will learn how to make a coffee mug and decorate it by stamping pieces foraged from around your house and garden into the clay!
It's fun, educational and most importantly it gives you a great opportunity to express yourself. The great thing is after the class you will have enough clay and the skills to make a second mug or item.
Once the class is over your mug will be created but not quite complete!
The next step is to dry them for approximately three days or until they are no longer cold to touch. Then you can bring them to our Pottery Studio in Mordialloc for firing *If you are not local google your local pottery and ring them to book in and use their firing service. Firing cost is usually around $9 a kilo per firing, your piece will need a bisque and a glaze firing.
In your box, you will get three brush on glazes which can be applied only after the first bisque firing has been done. This will be covered in the class.
No prior knowledge required
- 1.5kg of clay
- 8 piece tool kit with all the tools you need
- Hake brush
- 40ml Clayworks White Pearl Glaze
- 40ml Clayworks Deep Blue Gloss Glaze
- 40ml Clayworks Electric Shino Glaze
Comfortable shoes and clothes they don't mind getting messy
Small bowl of Water
* Optional: collect some items from the garden or anything that looks like it would leave a nice print in clay (buttons, material, bark, leaves)
This Box and Live class is a great indoor activity idea for individuals and couples as well as for virtual team building activities at home.