Wheel Throwing + Hand Building Classes
Designed for people with little or no prior experience as well as intermediate potters who want to learn more.
These classes will give you an overview of the possibilities of creating with clay. We cover all the basic skills needed for both wheel throwing and hand-building.
The topics covered in our 8 weeks of classes are;
- the properties of clay and how to prepare and store your clay
- basic building techniques for hand-building
- steps of wheel-throwing, centring clay on the wheel, creating vessels on the wheel, trimming the bases of your pots
- surface treatments for your vessels or sculptures
- an overview of drying and firing processes
- Glazing of your pieces
By the end of the eight weeks you can expect to have approximately 8 - 12 medium sized vessels which will be fired ready for collection 2-3 weeks after the last class.
*firing is an additional cost of $9 per kilo per firing.